I can’t say that I failed completely but I did only finish one of my set goals – my Colour Happy Quilt – for Quarter 2 of the 2016 Finish Along. This is not my best effort to date but also not surprising due to the crazy busyness of the first half of this year.
However, I have decided to put this all behind me and move forward. I will have one entire day (during school hours at least) next term which I can devote entirely to sewing!
So here is my proposed list of finishes for Quarter 3. It is rather long but as I have a tendency to get easily distracted, I figure I may do better with more choice.
- Quilt my finished Plus Plus Quilt Top. I am itching to start this one but embarrassingly, I have so many quilts basted for quilting that I have run out of pins!
- from Q2 Finish quilting my Mystery Quilt. I’m really struggling to find motivation for this project but with the new Mystery Quilt-a-long about to start, I really need to get this quilt finished.
- from Q2 Complete the remaining few blocks for my Interlock Quilt Top, Quilt and Bind. I have been rather inspired by seeing a recently finished and beautiful Interlock quilt here.
- from Q2 Finish my Off Kilter Quilt. This quilt has been basted and I’ve already done some straight line quilting. Now I want to pluck up the courage to try a bit of fmq on it – gulp!
- from Q2 Twenty-seven more blocks for my Scrappers Delight Quilt.
- (Not an eligible-for-prize goal but one I need to achieve) Piece together a backing for my Aviatrix Quilt Top. This quilt is a monstrous 80 inches square and although I’m not sure how I’ll manage it on my little Janome, I want to try quilting it myself – hopefully a Quarter 4 goal.Other projects on my immediate radar include:
- Hexie Framed Quilt – using a Road 15 by Sweetwater jelly roll
- Modern Sorbet Quilted Pillow
- Table Runner or small quilt using Ocean Breeze block pattern and Simply Colorful II charm squares
- Another Pattern Play Quilt – my own block pattern – this time with a scrappy look
- Drawstring bags for Christmas gifts – using the tutorial at S.O.T.A.K Handmade
- Modern Geometrics Table Runner
- Bag #1 using The Snazzy Slouch Handbag Sewing Pattern
- Bag #2 Trail Tote using this free pattern by Anna Graham @ Noodlehead
- Interwoven Quilt using Paradiso charm squares
- On the Fence Quilted Pillow (pattern from Quilt Now Issue 21)
- Colour Blocks Quilted Cushion ( pattern from Quilt Now Issue 14)
- Stargazing Paper Pieced Cushion (pattern from Quilt Now Issue 14)
- TMQG Embroidery Challenge (due 1st August – eek!)
- Cotton and Steel Quilt #3 – pattern chosen, fabrics ready…
This is my longest list EVER but rather than feeling faint, I feel super motivated!
Good luck with your Quarter 3 goals if you are linking up.